- There's a beautifully decorated Christmas Tree in every scene...I mean room
- You meet someone with a Christmas-y name (i.e. Holly, Nick, Chris)
- Your cynical neighbor is suddenly filled with the holiday spirit.
- You've seen Candace Cameron Bure sipping cocoa at a coffee shop.
- You live in a magical, isolated, and Christmas-obsessed small town or neighborhood.
- YOU KEEP HEARING FREAKIN' JINGLE BELLS. WHERE ARE THEY COMING FROM?
- You meet a handsome stranger with perfect teeth who constantly wears turtleneck sweaters under a leather jacket. (Added bonus: they accessorize with a ridiculously long knit scarf)
- You keep having "near miss" kisses with aforementioned attractive stranger.
- There seems to be a warm hazy "Barbara Streisand Music Video" glow that has settled onto your town.
- You've made a magical deal with an Angel, an old woman, or a mall Santa.
- Is that fake snow?
- Perfectly-timed Christmas carolers have shown up on your doorstep, serenaded you during a time of climactic stress, And then disappeared without a trace.
If you're fed up with cheesy holiday movies, here's some of my favorite non-Hallmark Christmas movies:
Mom for Christmas (Okay this is actually a cheesy movie but it's nostalgic for me)
Nightmare Before Christmas
200 Cigarettes (more of a NYE movie)
When Harry Met Sally
The Bells of St. Mary's
It's a Wonderful Life