I won a ham at a VFW meat raffle at a local dive bar! Wahoo!
The thing is, I've never cooked something so large in my life, so I had to get a little help - and it came to me in the form of a customer at a liquor store:
1. Rub ham in brown sugar
2. Put in broaster
3. Dump 1 Cup of Spiced Rum and 1/2 Cup of water in broaster
4. Maybe pour a shot of rum for yourself and drink it like the ham pirate you are!
5. Use toothpicks to adhere sliced pineapple rings all over the ham
6. 325 Degrees uncovered for about 3 Hours (approx. 15 mins per pound) or until internal temp reaches 130 Degrees. After this happens, increase oven temp to 425. If the water has evaporated, add 1/2 cup more to keep that damn ham moist!
7. Make a glaze with brown sugar, cayanne pepper, and MORE RUM
8. Cook the ham for 45 more minutes and baste the glaze you just made every 15 mins or so (thats what I'm doing in the photo)