Recently, I have decided to change my lifestyle. And part of this is regular exercising. Now, I'm a girl who loves to dance and go for walks, but I like it more when I don't think of it as "working out".
The only time I've ever lost a significant amount of weight was sophomore year in college when I started working at a job about .25 miles away from the dorm where I lived, and I didn't have a car so I either biked or walked. Also, walking up and down Harvey Hill to classes and carrying a toolbox and drawing board up 3 flights of stairs in Applied Arts to get to my Life Drawing class didn't hurt either. And I decided not to bring snacks for my dorm room so my only food was served 2 times a day at the commons.
With all these factors, I saw a difference in about 3 months. Without really trying. Just doing normal things, not snacking, and walking everywhere.
So here's Jenna's fun and super easy work out plan! It only takes 30 minutes.
You can follow it too if you want! (Note: this is kind of personalized for me, and is open for changes.)
I started by walking one mile for three days.
Then, I increased it by walking one and a half miles for three days.
Then, two miles for three days.
1. Walk 1 mile.
2. Do fartlekers for mile #2. Here is an easy way to do them: Use city blocks as your track, run for a block, and then walk for a block, repeat until you hit a mile! I usually hate running but this is really fun. I pretend that I'm running from zombies most of the time, and then when its time to walk, I pretend that I've outrun them or they've eaten one of my zombie apocalypse survivor team.
3. After you are done doing those awesome fartlekers, walk for about a half mile.
1. Do TWO sets of 20 crunches - fingers uncrossed behind your head.
2. Do TWO sets of 20 push-ups.
3. Do TWO sets of 10 lunges.
And for this extra-fun workout I've made a little playlist that is exactly 30 mins - what is recommended for a successful cardio workout.