1. Last year, I had to visit the chiropractor for the first time in my adult life after an incident involving clumsy me slipping on some ice outside a liquor store and MIRACULOUSLY not shattering the wine bottle gripped to my chest. The chiropractor informed me that I have a sixth lumbar vertabre in my back. Also adding to the list of my genetic mutations: my ears do not match. One lobe is connected, and the other is not. It is confirmed: I am a freak, and will have mutant babies.
2. My favorite book is a lesser known paperback called They Went That-A-Way: How the Famous, the Infamous, and the Great Died. It's a great little tome about various celebrities and how they...um...died. Morbid, but so interesting! My favorite? The tragic tale of Isadora Duncan.
2. Scar Location: Chin. I got this scar when I was playing at a park with my father when I was about six. He was spinning my brother and I on the mary-go-round, and you know how dads are, they like to see how fast they can spin ya. I remember my father saying, "Hold on!" But I couldn't.
3. My hair has practically been every color under the sun. Here are a few of my favorites:
4. I love cooking but my all time favorite food is peanut butter on toast.
5. Every summer, I travel to different locations in the U.S. with a group of friends. We've been to Las Vegas, New Orleans, Houston, Waco, Galveston, Clearwater Beach, and Chicago.
6. I am an avid thrift store addict. My favorite things to go thrifting for are VHS tapes, cassette tapes, and SHOES. Pro tip: shoes are often the most overlooked clothing item in thrift stores, but the shoe section is where I almost ALWAYS find great quality name brand items. Most favorite haul: A framed picture of David Bowie.
7. For two years in my mid-twenties, I lived without internet in my home and it was probably the most artistically productive time in my life. I would get home from work, water down some wine, put a record on, and get painting or journaling. I received email on my smart phone or at work, but other than that, I was a 21st century Luddite and I miss it so much.
8. My go-to karaoke song is this. It's obnoxious and monotone and punk rock and it's a perfect song to make everyone hate you at the bar.
9. I am irrationally and inescapingly afraid of centipedes. If I see one I have to call in sick to work, cancel everything, set the whole house on fire and never sleep again.
10. I curate a popular (600+ followers) Pinterest board dedicated to Rockabilly style. The most popular pin (re=pinned almost DAILY) on that board is a publicity photo of Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone that's not even accurately Rockabilly era - I just liked their vintage pose.